Holding a fundraising event at your school, college or university is a fantastic way to raise vital funds to support Stonewall's work. Other benefits include:
- It’s a great team building exercise with your fellow pupils and teachers
- It’s a fun way to learn about the issues that affect young LGBTQ+ people both in the UK and around the world
- It's the perfect way to show your schools commitment to supporting and improving the lives of LGBTQ+ people
You’ve probably got loads of amazing and inspired fundraising ideas already but just in case, here are a few to get you started:
- Make it more than just a bake sale and hold an Equali-Tea at your school. To receive your Equali-Tea pack, please email your name and address to our team.
- Hold a rainbow non-uniform day with pupils donating £1 to take part
- Sell tickets for a disco, film screening, talent competition or concert at your school and donate the proceeds to Stonewall
- Organise a sponsored walk or run around the school field
- Always chatting in class? Then do a one hour sponsored silence for Stonewall! It’s harder than you think …
Whatever you’ve got planned we’re here to support you every step of the way. We can offer advice and guidance on your fundraising plans and supply fundraising materials such as posters, stickers and collection tins.
Most importantly of all, we’ll provide bags of enthusiasm and encouragement along the way.
Get in touch by email at email@example.com.